Leap Group is hiring a skilled Federal Government Proposal Writer to identify and manage federal agency RFP, RFI, and RFQ responses for our group of full-service digital marketing agencies.
Compensation: $75,000 base salary + incentive compensation up to $50,000
Why Join Our Team?
When joining Leap Group, you’re joining a team that is passionate, innovative, and connected. Some words we’ve heard our teammates use to describe our culture are welcoming, collaborative, flexible, and dog-friendly warning: your interview may be accompanied by a wagging tail.
We give our team the ability to make an impact, while expanding their experience and depth of knowledge in the process. We like to show our appreciation for everything our teammates do by offering supportive and inclusive benefits that allow them to thrive. This includes things like:
- Remote work options
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Unlimited PTO and Summer Fridays
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid access to coaching and therapy
- 401k plan with 1:1 access to investment advisor
- Health, dental, vision, and ancillary benefits
- Paid professional development opportunities
Who is the Federal Government Proposal Writer?
The Federal Government Proposal Writer works independently to own and manage all aspects of RFP, RFI, and RFQ responses to federal government agencies. This includes identifying opportunities, writing and completing necessary response documents, submitting responses, and managing the decision-making process as it relates to Leap personnel. You are knowledgeable, organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated in your work.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Research and identify new opportunities via government sites and databases, such as SAM, Fbo.gov, GovWin, GSA, eBuy, eVA and others.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing officers at appropriate Federal agencies.
- Manage the proposal response schedule from start to finish.
- Write all proposals, collaborating with subject (matter) experts, coordinating resources, and synthesizing information in order to clearly articulate a winning strategy, compelling solutions, and substantial themes.
- Develop proposal documentation e.g., compliance matrices, proposal outlines, writing assignments, responsibility matrices, proposal related customer questions, annotated outlines, finalized proposal documents, oral presentations, lessons learned, etc. to win the assigned bid.
- Ensure requests are processed strictly in accordance with required procedures.
- Track potential opportunities and submitted proposals and provide timely updates to Leap Group leadership.
- Identify opportunities to streamline the RFP response process and maximize efficiency.
What do You Need?
- 7+ years of professional proposal writing / bid writing / RFP response writing and/or similar experience on Federal Government contracts, with at least 3 of these years writing/responding to advertising, marketing and/or related service RFPs. 10+ years total relevant experience preferred
- Proven experience winning Federal government contracts within the last 2 years related to advertising, marketing, or similar services.
- The ability to take long-form, technical writing and making it engaging, eye-catching, and memorable with exceptional attention to detail.
- Effectiveness collaborating with cross-functional teams and employees of various levels, maintaining a steady and positive attitude of cooperation both in-person and virtually.
- Competitive and driven where it (matter)s company growth, winning new business and being a high-performing member of the team who excels at multitasking.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple deadlines while delivering exceptional work.
- Outstanding communication skills with impeccable spelling, grammar, and presentation skills.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, especially documents, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- APMP or NCMA certification is a plus.
Where is This Role?
Leap Group has a footprint in the Midwest, with offices in Louisville, KY, Cincinnati, OH, and Indianapolis, IN. However, this role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
Diverse and Inclusive Marketing Comes from Diverse and Inclusive Teams
We recognize our teammates are our greatest assets in helping our clients market less and (matter) more. Diverse backgrounds, opinions and perspectives on our team allow us to expand our own perspectives and, in the process, create solutions that are innovative, creative, and strategic.
We’re constantly working to transform our agencies and industry into spaces that are more diverse, equitable, and inclusive, and we welcome the addition of YOUR unique voice and perspective. Don’t forget to ask us about our focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion during your interview.
Check Us Out
To learn more about our agencies and work, visit www.leapgroupnetwork.com
Leap Group complies with the ADA and ADAAA. If you need reasonable accommodation to apply, interview, or do the job, please send an email to our Human Resources Manager, Chelsea, at email@example.com so that we can evaluate your accommodation request.